Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

My Secret Agenda to Happiness

My life always had ups and downs and there hasn't been a single day that I wouldn't stop complaining about things I wish I could be happy for but wait for it to find me. I never convinced myself that I was a carefree person when my friends endorsed until the day I moved to a new place and figured quite a bit about me and how I progressed situations for the better. 

Being in a place you're born and having the same lifestyle, same friends, same food, same happiness is what we expound as life. Why does it change suddenly when you're in a new place? Why does it feel like you have lost everything and it all comes to an end? Well, most of us forget that there's a lot more to than foreseeing a small box from the outside. 

Here are the list of things I do to keep myself going on and what I could possibly remember. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. Wake up early

There's something about waking up early and starting your day at your pace. Believe it or not, it really does make a huge difference. 

I start my day the minute I open my eyes. I really don't believe in alarms unless I know I slept late and I doubt I could wake up on time. I usually tell myself what time I was going to bed and what time I wish to wake up. I just don't know how but it really works wonders for me. You just need to believe in yourself. 

Some days, I would stay in bed taking a wild glimpse through my notifications but make sure you don't go beyond 15mins. The next part is my absolute favorite proved by scientists about making your bed. It makes you happier and more productive. No matter how busy you are, it must be part of your daily routine.

Last but not the least, I really can't start my day without music. I would turn on my iPod while I brush my teeth and have a little moment for myself on the mirror. Cause the first person I smile to is me. That's my biggest happy moment I create every morning. 

2. Declutter your surroundings 


We all go through a phase where we see something and we feel we can't live without. It may look gorgeous and tempting to buy but what are the causes? We end up piling so much at home where we really don't have a place to display our real necessities. 

It's always best to make a shopping list before stepping out and think about the fact how important and how long would you keep them. Never make a list minute list by seeing things. Rich people have a wise habit of buying things they can't live without. Throw things that haven't got your attention over the past 3 to 4 months. Donate or sell them. It will make you happier and well organized. 

3. Pretend to be happy


It's not about having a double face or faking yourself to be someone better. But trust me, each time you end up being sad, remind yourself of the best moments you had in life. Remind yourself through pictures and memories of those days that truly made you happy. Nothing should stop you from having a good day. 

Fake a smile, cause smile costs you nothing and people hate seeing you happy. The weaker you appear, the more they feel like hurting the vulnerable person you are with negative thoughts. Trust yourself more and count your blessings.

4. Stay positive


Seriously, stay away from people who constantly complain about their life. How unhappy they are with what they possess. A homeless child would be so happy for days and months with one new dress she found. 

Stay away from people who won't take the risk or the effort to have you in their life. People you have been there for them during their hard times and in return, they walk away. Help people who really need a hand to hold on to. Lend your hand to people you know who would jump off a cliff without knowing the consequences. More importantly, you don't have to go through their experiences when you have got one for your own. 

5. Sunrise and Sunset 


Sun rises and sets every day of our life and we find it hard to observe those best moments watching the sky change colors. We forget to appreciate the beauty of the nature we live on. 

Feel the warm sensation, spending some time on the beach or on your rooftop observing the elegant drifting of the sun. The only time of the day when the sky is dim.  

6. Write it down


Who said you can't be a writer? Pro's get their way around during they're the most vulnerable moment through a pen. Yes, you need to explore tons of new fancy authentic long words. Learn to express them in a sentence and voila! You have a secret penman inside you. 

I found my happiness through this blog at last. I used to have tons of books lying around the corner for different passions. I even had a book of cute cars I see, lyrics of my favorite songs, list of new words and languages, memory lane book where I print my favorite moments out like a scrapbook, poem book, and list goes on. One of my non-successful book that I ended up writing just 2 to 3 pages is the dream to publish a book. It seems like a complete joke now. 

Einstein used to scribble so much that now he holds about 80,000 documents open to the public. 

7. Watch Ellen's shows


This is my all time favorite. Doesn't require to be in a sad mood. Even when I feel bored and I want to do something exciting or valuable, she's the first thing that comes to my mind. I mean how can one have a life to cheer others every day of their life, doing the good deeds. Ever thought what life is when you're really sad and have no one to cheer you up? Now, you got the answer. 

Oprah Winfrey also makes my time fly but Ellen's always my first.

8. Stop comparing 


One of the biggest mistakes we do is compare other's happiness in our life. How are their happiness and freedom related to what you really want to do in life? How does their laugh define what you missed? You have lost nothing. Maybe you have already had the moment or yet to face them. Patience and time are the keys to happiness. 

I used to feel bad when I see my friend's traveling places and there were days I used to force it to happen but then I reminded myself places I have already been. The places I truly enjoyed. I haven't missed my moments. Be happy for others instead and things will come your way.

9. Read a Book 


It could be anything. A self-help book, novel, fiction, thriller, whatever you like. Reading could enhance your grammar and help you explore new words and phrases. Especially why kids are told to watch cartoons. Cartoons always use the high-end language without the cuss words, preparing a child to talk efficiently. 

10. Sleep


Sleep it off if you find unhappy even after trying so hard. Or you want to let the pain disappear without noticing. It's more like pampering the baby in you. When she's sad, give her the best you can. Listen to her needs. A sleep could be refreshing and without taunting her to dwell under the same circumstances. 

11. Reconnect with a friend


Give them a visit or a surprise call. Get them a small box of their favorite chocolate or cook something for them. Friend's are the essential survival kit a man could have in their life. We always need someone to hold our back when we fall. Someone we can trust truly and isn't wasted telling them our darkest secrets. 

12.  Treat yourself with food


Every man's best friend is food. For me, I hate chocolates but there comes a time when I grab on to as many sugar sachets and it makes me super hyper for the day. Eventually, I had to stop that habit cause diabetes runs in my family and who wishes to stay away from sweets when you really really want them?

13. Take me to church ♭♯ไ


Could be any religious place. Won't get deep in this area cause it's simply one of my happy places when I am most vulnerable. I believe if you're unhappy in life, it's all because you have forgotten god and you're doing the wrong thing. 

Like Hindus, they built their temple where maximum energy is found and while you go there, all the negative energies cancel out. I believe the same in my religion as well.

14. Draw 


I have tried drawing that doesn't turn out to be a done by a 1st grader but I always failed to get some perfection in them. But recently I have started doodling and currently loving mandalas. Explore different types of free hand drawings. Something new or something you're perfect at that could drive your sadness away. Doesn't matter how long it takes, it matters how far you started without whining. 

15. Watch something


Let it be anything. A movie or series. Watch something that could get your mind off certain situations. When we watch a movie, most of us tend to understand what the movie is all about or how they found solutions to their problem and so on. We try to focus on what happens on the screen.

________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop in your valuable comments.
Please don't leave any negative feedback. It's better to be ignored.