Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Red Velvet Cake Recipe

Well, I know there's a lot of you who would die for this moment. It was my one of my close friends, Melissa who introduced this and it was mind blowing. It was one hell of a cake that made me give up on everything I knew about cakes. Even you, dark forest and truffle cake. 

So, this happened to be my brother's favorite and I wanted to make it myself, for him.
Turned out to be great!
It barely took any pain or time. All you need is the ingredients and a bit of wild music.



 ALL YOU NEED 


2 Eggs
1 Cup Vegetable Shortening 
1 and 1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tpsn Cocoa Powder
1 Tpsn Salt
2 and 1/2 Cup Flour
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Tpsn Vanilla Extract
1 Tpsn Baking Soda
1 Tpsn Vinegar
2 Ounces Red Food Colouring 

FOR ICING:

1 Tpsn All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Butter
1 Tspn Vanilla Extract

LET'S GET STARTED 


* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9-inch round pans or use one round pan and use the remaining batter for filling in for cupcakes. 

* In one bowl, you have to mix the dry ingredients. 
   Salt, Baking Powder, Flour and Cocoa Powder

* In another bowl, you mix the remaining ingredients.
   Sugar, Oil, Vinegar, Vanilla Extract, Food Colouring and Buttermilk

* Have the eggs well mixed in a glass and keep them for the last.


* To Make Icing
Cook 5 tablespoons flour and milk over low heat till thick,      stirring constantly. Let cool completely! While mixture is cooling, beat 1 cup sugar, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until light and fluffy. Add cooled flour mixture and beat until frosting is a good spreading consistency. Frost cake layers when completely cool.


I personally enjoy eating the cake as it is so I won't be making the frosting. 


You would have them like this. It isn't going to be hard mixing so take your time in mixing them gently forming a smooth mixture. 





You end up like this, probably like you murdered someone or ripped their heart out.
Kidding !


This is how I separated my batter without having anything gone for a toss. It takes about   25 - 30 minutes.


Viola, The wait is over. The cupcakes turned out to be way much better than the cake. 
Hope this helps you share love. 


Baleafia !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop in your valuable comments.
Please don't leave any negative feedback. It's better to be ignored.